ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with C++ includepaths - Can I use wildcards? make a external repository list?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:05:26 GMT
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM, ihatethetv <glen.seiler@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a project I work on, we use ant to build C++.  We have about 40 different
> "components" which exist in different directories each with it's own ant
> file.  All of these components inherit from a shared class which we use to
> connect them, and so all of them need to include a .h file from that
> directory.  When we add a new #include to that .h file, we then need to go
> add a new <includepath ...>  line to the build.ant file for EVERY one of the
> ~40 components that inherit from that file.

use <import> and pre-defined named compiler/linker definitions, that's
the best solution. I don't have my old <cc> builds to give you an
example, sorry.

> to a single line:
>
> <includepath location="../*/include"/>

location is for a single file. I don't recall what includepath is
exaclty, but Ant's <path> supports <pathelement path="dir1;dir2;.." />
as a nested element, so try that. --DD