ant-user mailing list archives

From ihatethetv <glen.sei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with C++ includepaths - Can I use wildcards? make a external repository list?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:38:10 GMT

Dominique Devienne-2 wrote:

> Sorry, I assumed you knew about Ant's import. It can only be used at
> the top level of a build file.
>
> CppTasks supports defining named compiler/linker configurations (with
> nested includepath and all), which you'd put into a common build file,
> that you'd import from all your 40 component build files, in which
> you'd reuse the named configs inside <cc>. That's what I was referring
> to.

Thanks Dominique, it sounds like that's what I want.

Yea, I should have prefaced all this with:  I am not very familiar with ant,
although I have a fairly complex working example in front of me.

Could someone please provide me a syntactical example of "defining named
configurations" and how to reference them in the <cc> tag.  Sorry, but I'm
in need of a bit of hand-holding.  Thanks =)

Thank you,
Glen