ant-user mailing list archives

From ihatethetv <glen.sei...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with C++ includepaths - Can I use wildcards? make a external repository list?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:01:56 GMT

In a project I work on, we use ant to build C++.  We have about 40 different
"components" which exist in different directories each with it's own ant
file.  All of these components inherit from a shared class which we use to
connect them, and so all of them need to include a .h file from that
directory.  When we add a new #include to that .h file, we then need to go
add a new <includepath ...>  line to the build.ant file for EVERY one of the
~40 components that inherit from that file.

I'm in a position right now where I have to change all those files so I'm
trying to find a permanent solution.

I'm wondering if I can change the list of includepaths....e.g.

<includepath location="../blah/include"/>
<includepath location="../blah2/include"/>
<includepath location="../blah40/include"/>

to a single line:

<includepath location="../*/include"/>

I tried both "*" and "**", but no luck.

Also, I considered creating a single "includes.xml" file and then somehow
including it (I looked into xinclude, but the "cc" doesn't seem to support
nested includes)

I'm open to other suggestions too.

Thank You,
Glen