ant-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SCP and SSHExec tasks
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:57:49 GMT
Rez wrote:

> Is it possible to create the directories on the remote server on the fly as the scp ant
task is executed or do I need to run sshexec to create them first?

At Apache Forrest our "forrestbot" can deploy using
the Ant scp task.

It does certainly successfully create new remote directories.

We did have an issue in the past, noting that it
did work with some sshd servers.

Our issue links to this, where the "JSch" dev
provided a patch to Ant applied by Stefan.
"
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=110363841323245
 Subject: Re: SCP Task - Problems with directories
 From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig () apache ! org>
 Date: 2004-12-21
"

I just now verified that all is okay using the server
against which i reported our original issue.

Of course, the other solutions discussed yesterday
are better, but 'scp' does work.

-David