ant-user mailing list archives

From Krzysieq <krzys...@gazeta.pl>
Subject Order of files inside a fileset
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:13:39 GMT
Hi,

I read the ant docs regarding filesets, but haven't found what I'm looking
for. Is there any way telling, what is the order of files inside a fileset?
Is there any way in which this can be affected? For instance, let's have a
folder /foo, with files bar1.txt, bar2.txt, ... bar5.txt.

Fileset1:
<fileset dir="/foo">
<include name="*.txt"/>
</fileset>

Fileset2:
<fileset dir="/foo">
<include name="bar5.txt"/>
<include name="bar4.txt"/>
<include name="bar3.txt"/>
<include name="bar2.txt"/>
<include name="bar1.txt"/>
</fileset>

Are these the same? In terms of content of course yes, but if I perform some
operation on the contents of this fileset, can I rely in any way on the
ordering of the files included? I would appreciate any help. Thanks in
advance.

Cheers,
Chris