ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Running a remote process in background
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:56:56 GMT
Hello,

So what is happening instead? Is ANT waiting for the server to stop?

Is the server starting?

Did you try it with a more somple command to start on the remote machine? (sth. Like "cat"....)

I used these days the exec-command on a Windows machine and it works fine now.
I use it to start a DB-Server in the background. Afterwards I send this server a stop-request.
There I use the "spawn" argument to start the program in a different process.

I also use <forget> and this is working fine.

1.Is sshexec behaving as exec? (kicking off a background process or is it waiting on the remote
command to end?)
2.Could you send us (parts of) the task, that does not end?

Greetings

--
J├╝rgen Knuplesch
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Susheel Raina [mailto:raina.susheel@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. November 2008 23:57
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Running a remote process in background

Hi,

We are having Weblogic Server on a linux box and the deployment set up is done from Windows
Box remotely.

I have to start/stop the server using ant and for that I am using sshexec command.

Now the problem with it is that I need to exit the task once the server is started but in
my case it doesn't happen.

The build process is automated and since the ant command doesnt exit the build goes on and
doesn't stop.

I tried to use ant-contrib task forget but that is not helping too as the command never executes.

I dont want to change the Weblogic start shell script.

Any Suggestions please.

--
Regards,

Susheel Raina