ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Setting a global property in a target. Possible?
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:42:44 GMT
You are right: Properties are immutable!

Your problem seems to be a different one:
If you do not run the target, the property wont be set.
Make sure you set the property in a task that is called before you use it elsewhere.

--
J├╝rgen Knuplesch
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alexander Ziller [mailto:alexander.ziller@highqsoft.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 17. November 2008 09:33
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Setting a global property in a target. Possible?

Hi

I'm trying to set a property inside a target. In the definition of ant properties, it is said
that they are immutable. "Beeing set once, they cannot be reset again". But I had to find
out that properties set inside a <target> are not valid outside of said target.

Is this intended and if so, are there ay elegant solutions to make this property project-based?

Thanks

Alex