ant-user mailing list archives

From Markus Ueberall <Markus.Ueber...@gmail.com>
Subject Combining output from multiple javadoc tasks?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:02:57 GMT
Hi,

Using a bridge/factory/adapter pattern combination, I'm facing the
problem to combine the output from multiple javadoc tasks so that all
backend-specific classes show up in the main index.
While compiling the classes for the different backends works flawlessly
using the first template below, I have no idea how to _elegantly_
include the output of previous javadoc runs in the last one...
(I guess one could move the index files from the previous runs out of
the way and "merge them back in" afterwards, but surely I'm not the
first one to do this, or am I?)

<!-- it's impossible to build classes from multiple backends due to
      namespace clashes (ugh!) -->
<javac srcdir="${basedir}/src" destdir="${basedir}/build/classes"
    debug="${compile.debug}" includes="localdomain/backend/XYZ/">
       <classpath refid="compile.classpath" />
       <classpath refid="compile.classpath.XYZ" />
</javac>
[...]
<!-- indexes in ${basedir}/build/javadoc get overwritten -->
<javadoc destdir="${basedir}/build/javadoc" sourcepath="${basedir}/src"
    packagenames="localdomain/backend/XYZ/*">
       <classpath refid="compile.classpath" />
       <classpath refid="compile.classpath.XYZ" />
</javadoc>

Ad astra, Markus