ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject RE: create property value that has metacharacter by escaping meta characters.
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:41:11 GMT

You will need to use escape characters - for example:
- greater than character = &gt;
- ampersand = &amp;
- quote = &quote;

So, something like

http://cvsweb/cgi-bin/cvs/cvshistorycvsroot=blah&amp;dsearch=rnt&amp;dsearchsub=on&amp;limit=1&amp;

and so on...

Basically, this is an XML document so you need to adhere to the rules of
XML.

I googled and found this for escape characters:
http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com/articles/entity-escape-characters.php

There may be some other built-in mechansim I am unaware of that will do
the escaping for you automagically.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Lucas Albers wrote:

> I wish to have a property value that contains this:
> "http://cvsweb/cgi-bin/cvs/cvshistorycvsroot=blah&dsearch=rnt&dsearc
> hsub=on&limit=1&revsel1=na&revsel2=na&datesel1=na&datesel2=na&selop=in&opT=o
> n&opM=on&opA=on&opR=on&rss=1"
>
> ant complains about the meta-characters inside it.
>
> I am trying to check a cvsweb website with funky metacharacters in the
> address.

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549