ant-user mailing list archives

From Morgan Kinne <kin...@us.ibm.com>
Subject java.security.PrivilegedActionException in Jython scriptdef
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:57:18 GMT
Hi,
I'm a newbie here and a newbie to Jython and scripting in Ant. In that
vein:

I've created a scriptdef task which I wrote in Jython. I'm using BSF as
the manager. My intent was to delete files within this task. Everything
works right up to the point where a file is to be deleted, when I get this
exception:

eraseZipFiles:
[delete-in-each-child-dir] Processing ap
Oct 27, 2008 4:15:59 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
SEVERE: Exception :
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException:
exception
from Jython:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 25, in ?
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.handle(Delete.java:624)

        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.execute(Delete.java:570)

        at
java:39)

That's when I smacked my forehead and said to myself, "Self, you're
working in a sandbox you idiot."
Of course I can solve this issue any number of ways, but I was wondering
if there was some way to "disable" the security manager? Would I have the
same issue if I used javax. as the manager? I hope so because I've found
scripting with Jython to be very effective.
Morgan