ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <>
Subject RE: how to copy and edit a section of a text file
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:22:50 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: ca_iancu []
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: how to copy and edit a section of a text file

No, I mean copy the entire section as written down before: from <device name
.... to </device>. I keep the old section, then I append the new one which
is almost identical but not quite. If you look again at the code, you will
see that the second xml file (the one I would like to get) is different than
the first one. Here's another attempt, where device1 is duplicated and it
becomes device2.They are independent entities now. Thank you.

Sorry for the late reponse, had been off some days.
Here a quick shot with xmltask =

<project name="test" default="main" basedir=".">
<!-- // Taskdefs -->
<!-- Import XMLTask -->
<taskdef name="xmltask" classname="com.oopsconsultancy.xmltask.ant.XmlTask" />
<!-- Taskdefs // -->
<!-- // Properties -->
 <property name="old.source.device" value="some_device"/>
 <property name="new.source.device" value="some_other_device"/>
<!-- Properties // -->

<target name="depends">
 <xmltask source="File.xml" report="true" dest="File.xml">
  <copy path="//device[@name='${old.source.device}']/." buffer="foobar" />
  <insert path="//device[@name='some_device']/." buffer="foobar" position="after"/>
   <replace path="//device[@name='${old.source.device}'][2]/@name" withText="${new.source.device}"

<target name="main" depends="depends">