ant-user mailing list archives

From "EJ Ciramella" <ecirame...@upromise.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to make the get task timezone aware?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:37:02 GMT
If it's last time modified versus local time, depending on where you
are, couldn't local time be ahead of modified time?

Is get sophisticated enough to know the differences between timezones?

Why not use rsync and rely on checksums versus timestamps?  Rsync has
the added bonus that if the file you're trying to pull down is large,
you can restart halfway if it failed halfway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Salter [mailto:marksalter@talktalk.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:34 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Is there a way to make the get task timezone aware?

Settle, William wrote:

> Is this an issue with the <get> task, the apache server on the other
> side or something I have not configured on the client or server side?
I did read in my google search that Apache does/did not return last
modified information by default, but this might not be the case for your
setup.

The get task can only work with the data it receives, so I think
initially you should take a closer look at the http headers being
returned from the remote servers.

Wireshark is a tool I use to trace my network.  Can you use whatever
tools you have to trace the network communication taking during a 'good'
and 'bad' build?  This will enable you to at least examine the request
and response headers on the HTTP exchange and eliminate the server
exchanges.

If the server returns no lastModified header or if it returns a value of
0 (1/1/1970 (GMT)) then the download will take place.

--
Mark