ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: what does ant really use?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:56:01 GMT

Good Evening Joseph-

what is the specific error you are getting?
which version of which AppServer are you deploying to?
if you are using EJB 2 (the default) we will need to see
ejb-jar.xml
Any or all Java Sources (just attach every java source file that extends EJBHome)
how are you building the ear (assume either build.xml or pom.xml?)
GlassFish has a ear builder and deployer in $GLASSFISH_HOME/GlassFish/Sun/AppServer/common-ant.xml
that looks something like this:

<property name="jarDD"        value="ejb-jar.xml,sun-ejb-jar.xml"/>
  <!-- ======================================================= -->
  <!-- Assemble EJB JAR module.        OLD WAY                 -->
  <!-- ======================================================= -->
  <target name="create_ejbjar_common_old" depends="clean_ejbjar_common">
    <mkdir dir="${assemble.ejbjar}"/>
    <jar destfile="${assemble.ejbjar}/${ejbjar}">
      <zipfileset dir="${build.classesdir}/${jar.pkg}/" includes="**/*.class"
                  excludes="**/servlet/, **/client/" prefix="${jar.pkg}"/>
      <metainf dir="${jarDD.dir}" includes="${jarDD}"/>
    </jar>
    <!-- AEM NEEDED?copy file="${assemble.ejbjar}/${ejbjar}" tofile="../${ejbjar}"/>-->
    <property name="ejbjar.done" value="true"/>
  </target>
  <!-- ======================================================= -->
  <!-- Assemble CLIENT JAR module.        OLD WAY              -->
  <!-- ======================================================= -->
  <target name="clientjar_common" depends="clean_clientjar_common">
    <mkdir dir="${assemble.clientjar}"/>
    <jar destfile="${assemble.clientjar}/${clientjar}" manifest="${clientDD.dir}/MANIFEST.MF">
      <zipfileset dir="${build.classesdir}/${app.pkg}/"
                  includes="**/*Client.class" excludes="**/servlet/"
                  prefix="${app.pkg}"/>
      <metainf dir="${clientDD.dir}" includes="${clientDD}"/>
    </jar>
    <property name="clientjar.done" value="true"/>
  </target>

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> From: Joseph.Pareti@hp.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:51:13 +0000
> Subject: RE: what does ant really use?
>
> Yes of course I have jdk 1.5.0_02  and JAVA_HOME is set too ...

JAVA_HOME to the folder you installed

> without the JDK installation..any distro of ANT wont work
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>
> Martin Gainty
> Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender.
within this transmission.

> > From: Joseph.Pareti@hp.com
> > To: user@ant.apache.org
> > Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:14:47 +0000
> > Subject: RE: what does ant really use?
> >
> > Yes I am aware that there are symlinks, so I followed them to the point that I am
almost 100% sure there was neither javac nor gcj on the system disk. So how can ant still
compile? Does it have a "bundled" gcj ?

They are only links to the real ones which in fedora (and probably RH) located in /usr/share/jvm/<java
implementation>/bin/. In fedora (and again probably in RH) there is an "alternatives" application
which allows you to choose which installed version of java you are using rather than renaming
binaries. Should also warn you that although RH is supported longer than most and in general
rock stable the software is often quite old because i happen to know that more recent versions
of gcj support java 1.5. Hope this all helps you in the right direction.