ant-user mailing list archives

From Rez <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Help with war file
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:44:42 GMT

Thanks Mark.  I did omit the prefix attribute and files at the root of folderx got dumped
at the root of the war file and since I do have some files with duplicate names at the root
already and the duplicate attribute in the war task being set to fail, my war target failed
miserably.  I do want the folderx entry in the war file but I was wondering if there's any
other way possible to do this besides using zipfileset.  I'll play around to see if I can
fix it. Thanks again.

> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:51:22 +0100> From: marksalter@talktalk.net> To: user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Help with war file> > Rez wrote:> > I'm not sure if it's possible
any other way to pack a folder and all> > of its subfolders and files into a war file,
preserving their path> > and folder structure, other than using the "prefix" attribute
of the> > zipfileset task. I would like my war file (testproject.war) to have> >
folderx & all its files at its root, so currently I'm using> > > > <zipfileset
dir="folderx" includes="**/*" prefix="folderx"/>> > Can you use the war task instead:->
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/war.html> > > > > But it's creating
a problem when the files are deployed under jboss> > and my url looks like something
like this:> > > > http://localhost:8080/testproject/folderx/folderx/images/test.gif>
> > > As you can see it's repeating the folder name twice.> The zip examples clearly
show that the zip structures have the prefix> added followed by the source dir, why don't