ant-user mailing list archives

From John5342 <john5...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: what does ant really use?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:58:19 GMT
If you changed the name of gcj and javac in /usr/bin they are not the
actualy executables. They are only links to the real ones which in fedora
(and probably RH) located in /usr/share/jvm/<java implementation>/bin/. In
fedora (and again probably in RH) there is an "alternatives" application
which allows you to choose which installed version of java you are using
rather than renaming binaries. Should also warn you that although RH is
supported longer than most and in general rock stable the software is often
quite old because i happen to know that more recent versions of gcj support
java 1.5. Hope this all helps you in the right direction.