ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dean Del Ponte" <dean.delpo...@cornerstone.net>
Subject How to stop ant execution if one target fails
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:25:05 GMT
I'm using ant to build my project.  When running ant from the command line, I'm passing in
multiple targets.  For example:

     ant -verbose clean build jar findbugs pmd

Ant will execute the targets clean, build, jar, findbugs, and pmd in that order.

My problem is that if one of the targets fail, ant continues with the next target.  I would
like it to stop execution if one fails.

For example, if the "jar" target fails, ant should not call the findbugs and pmd targets.

Any help is appreciated.

Dean Del Ponte
Software Consultant, Cornerstone Consulting, Inc.
www.cornerstone.net
Our Experts. Your Edge