ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Stover" <bxsto...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject How to pass a file to an Ant build.xml process from command line?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:52:07 GMT
Normally I use Ant by clicking on a pre-defined build.xml process inside e.g. Eclipse.

However sometimes I would appreciate to have the chance to call Ant and an Ant build.xml script
from command line and pass e.g. a file to it. Something like:

java org.apache.ant.executescript D:\myproj\tbuild.xml D:\myproj\test222\somefile.java

Can I do this somehow?

If yes: how exactly would the command lokk like and how would I refer
to the passed file (=parameter) from inside build.xml?

Ben