ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Salter <marksal...@talktalk.net>
Subject Re: Is there a way to make the get task timezone aware?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:05:07 GMT
EJ Ciramella wrote:
> If it's last time modified versus local time, depending on where you
> are, couldn't local time be ahead of modified time?
Indeed it could, especially using two different clocks that probably are
not exactly synchronised.

> Is get sophisticated enough to know the differences between timezones?
The get task asks the http server to make that decision as it is the
server that can see the file.

> Why not use rsync and rely on checksums versus timestamps?  Rsync has
> the added bonus that if the file you're trying to pull down is large,
> you can restart halfway if it failed halfway.
This might not be an immediately available option on all operating
systems, but then neither is ant 8). I think William (the OP) might be
using windows which lacks some useful tools 8(.

--
Mark