ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: how to copy and edit a section of a text file
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:16:00 GMT
ca_iancu schrieb:
> This is a commercial library. I want to use existing functionality from Ant
> to accomplish this task. I am certain it is possible, I just do not know Ant

no, it's free, you even get the sources :-)
Of course there are many ways to Rome, but when dealing
with xml i recommend the xml task, as it works just fine

in your case with xmltask =

1. searching with Xpath
2. put in a buffer | property
3. appending

> well enough yet. There has to be some sort of loop that can be created to
> read from a file line by line and stop when a certain string is encountered.
> I can copy and edit the teaxt once I have it in a variable.

Can you provide a little more details, xmlfile how it is and how it
should look after editing/appending/replacing ?

Regards, Gilbert