ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject garbage characters when specifying properties on the ANT command line
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 20:22:42 GMT
This only happens to a few machines and don't know what causes it:

executing:   build target -Dverbose=true

results in an error message:

Target "├╗Dverbose" does not exist in the project "MyProject".

You can see that the minus sign is being changed to a garbage character and, therefore, being
interpreted as another target to run instead of a property setting.

Any ideas?  I am thinking it has to be an environment problem as it only happens on a few
machines.  I have only seen this happen on windows machines.

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.