ant-user mailing list archives

From Alec Fernandez <Alec.Fernan...@sas.com>
Subject Using filters to write property values
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:39:50 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use a copy/filter to replace tokens in a file.

The file is a properties file and the tokens should be replaced with property values.

myproperty=@myvalue@

Obviously this involves writing the property values in escaped unicode encoding so I end up
with

myproperty=c\:\\my_dir_name_with_nls_char_\u1234

I've done an ugly workaround that involves using propertyfile to write out the values in the
correct format and then using loadfile with a filterchain to read these values back into properties
as Strings but I'm thinking there has to be an easier way.

Thanks for any ideas.

-Alec