ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cached results?
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:45:05 GMT
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:
>> While you're at it, why not find out which result document(s) were
>> generated, especially is XSLT 2.0 where it's no longer an extension
>> and part of the language?
>
> That is really not a problem either, at least for saxon (and we really don't
> have any other choice...).

Indeed, that was my parser of choice in Java land. Now in C++ land,
it's Qt's Patternist, which is inspired in no small part on Saxon I
believe.

> Saxon exposes a a similar resolver interface for output :)
> http://saxonica.com/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/OutputURIResolver.html

Can't use in Ant since Saxon-specific. But Dr. Kay has been working on
his own <xslt>-extending task recently, so we should at least have an
extension point such that his <saxon> task could record output
documents as well.

Yet I suspect it's not going to be a be priority for Dr. Kay ;) --D