ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cached results?
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:47:32 GMT
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:

> Actually, there is more. You will want to check all document functions to
> see what other  is being used and if it has changed. I actually have
> something like that, but it works off a hierarchical config file (something
> like what apache forrest uses but more recursive in orientation) that is not
> really.

Ah ah, indeed, I didn't think about doc() calls. But aren't these
dependent on variables, and the primary XML document's content
possibly, while the import/include must use URLs only, possibly
dependent on params only?

I'm no expert at XSLs, but just dealing with import/include would
already be an improvement.

> Instead of parsing the XSL, I use 2 custom URIResolvers to gather the
> dependent files and put that into a cache entry object.

This is smart! you're intercepting the calls to discover which
resources are used. You must then keep a cache in the filesystem then
though. (there's already a cache impl linked to <uptodate> I think).

While you're at it, why not find out which result document(s) were
generated, especially is XSLT 2.0 where it's no longer an extension
and part of the language? Just kidding, <javac> doesn't compile a file
if the generated .class for an inner class are been removed, that's
the same kind of limitation.

Thanks for the precision Rob. --DD