ant-user mailing list archives

From scuzzie <shane.mars...@gmail.com>
Subject Build in multiple java versions using Ant
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:25:39 GMT

Hi,

I have a project written in NetBeans 6.1 that I need to be able to compile
on demand using any JDK version from 1.4.2, on a machine that does not have
NetBeans installed (but does have Ant of course). The app compiles under
1.4.2 and up using the Ant xml files generated by NetBeans. At the moment,
the options are 1.4.2/1.5/1.6 as they are the JDKs that are installed on the
machine. The application uses Swing so has a couple of dependant jars.

Modifying the xml build files is not an option. Specifying a properties file
from the Ant command-line is fine, and I have had to do this anyway (as well
as copying the swing and NetBeans copylibs jars to the machine). The file is
autogenerated and is created automatically before calling Ant.

Are there properties I can add to my properties file to specify which
version of the SDK to compile with? Any other suggestions?

Using Windows.