ant-user mailing list archives

From "Pareti, Joseph" <Joseph.Par...@hp.com>
Subject what does ant really use?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:45:53 GMT

As a disclaimer, I am a true ant (and java) novice. Having said that, I am confronted with
a weird problem in a j2ee project which fails at run time with a jndi error. After several
investigations, I am now almost convinced it has to do with the build process.

I have jdk 1.5.0_02 installed on my system, x86/RHEL 3, kernel 2.4; I am also using ant 1.5.2_23

My build log file shows, for each compile target the following message:

[javac] Using gcj compiler

Just for kicks, I then deleted gcj as well as javac (here I mean the javac compiler executable)
from my disk i.e. I renamed both of them to something else, and ant still worked and still
claimed it's using gcj, which leaves me totally confused.

Perhaps one hint; at the top of the log file I see the comment "detected java version 1.4
in /usr".

I know this is not what I want/need (it should be 1.5), so where does it come from?

I then went ahead setting the following property in my build.xml:

<property name="build.compiler" value="modern"/>

but this was quickly discarded:

"Override ignored for property build.compiler"
which basically produced the same results as described above. I am running out of ideas here.

Thanks for any insights.