ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: ****SPAM**** Build in multiple java versions using Ant
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 05:50:36 GMT

You have to add a property to design the compiler compliance to 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6.

Read the manual, to find out the name of the parameters!!

There are at least two ways to do this:

1.Many tasks have a fork option, where you can tell the JVM you want to use to do this task
2.You simply could start ant itself under zhe JVM you want to use and automatically all tasks
you do not fork via 1 woll be run under this VM

--
Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: scuzzie [mailto:shane.marsden@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2008 00:26
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: ****SPAM**** Build in multiple java versions using Ant

Hi,

I have a project written in NetBeans 6.1 that I need to be able to compile on demand using
any JDK version from 1.4.2, on a machine that does not have NetBeans installed (but does have
Ant of course). The app compiles under
1.4.2 and up using the Ant xml files generated by NetBeans. At the moment, the options are
1.4.2/1.5/1.6 as they are the JDKs that are installed on the machine. The application uses
Swing so has a couple of dependant jars.

Modifying the xml build files is not an option. Specifying a properties file from the Ant
command-line is fine, and I have had to do this anyway (as well as copying the swing and NetBeans
copylibs jars to the machine). The file is autogenerated and is created automatically before
calling Ant.

Are there properties I can add to my properties file to specify which version of the SDK to
compile with? Any other suggestions?

Using Windows.