ant-user mailing list archives

From <rasmita.pa...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Need help in writing build.xml
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:26:38 GMT

Currently my project uses nearly 15 build.xml/build.properties file  for
separate subprojects.Each sub-project has build.xml with source codes
scattered in 4 folders.As per my knowledge for creating the reports,the
java files from test(not from src) folder should be compiled and then
junit should work to generate report.For the time being I want to
integrate only junit.I am new to ant scripting.Please help.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 5:36 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: AW: Need help in writing build.xml

> I recently joined ant users list.I dont know if this is the proper way
to communicate with others?

Yes it is. Welcome on the list.

When answering please stay here so other could benefit from the
discussion too.

> I want to integrate some installables like junit, emma and javancss
tools. I have no much idea on them.These are testing tools which will
generate some reports. My question is if I want to integrate our current
build with external tools ,how to proceed with?

For JUnit there is an integration built in: <junit> for running and
<junitreport> for generating browsable reports. They are described in
the manual Tasks::OptionalTasks.

Java tools mostly provide Ant tasks or they describe how to integrate
with Ant. Therefore I would have a look into JavaNCSS and Emma homepage.

If they provide Ant tasks you usually put them into Ant-Home\lib and
write a xmlns info on the project tag:  <project name=...
xmlns:lib="antlib:path.as.described"><lib:taskname.../>

If they dont provide tasks, java written programs can be started via
<java> (CoreTask).

Jan

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com