ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Need help in writing build.xml
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:05:35 GMT
> I recently joined ant users list.I dont know if this is the proper way to communicate
with others?

Yes it is. Welcome on the list.

When answering please stay here so other could benefit from the discussion too.

> I want to integrate some installables like junit, emma and javancss tools. I have no
much idea on them.These are testing tools which will generate some reports. My question is
if I want to integrate our current build with external tools ,how to proceed with?

For JUnit there is an integration built in: <junit> for running and <junitreport>
for generating browsable reports. They are described in the manual Tasks::OptionalTasks.

Java tools mostly provide Ant tasks or they describe how to integrate with Ant. Therefore
I would have a look into JavaNCSS and Emma homepage.

If they provide Ant tasks you usually put them into Ant-Home\lib and write a xmlns info on
the project tag:  <project name=... xmlns:lib="antlib:path.as.described"><lib:taskname.../>

If they dont provide tasks, java written programs can be started via <java> (CoreTask).

Jan