ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Typo in Manual example for replaceregexp task
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:09:41 GMT
This is fixed in svn since december last year.
It seems that the online version is out of date.

But thanks for reporing.

Jan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alec Fernandez [mailto:Alec.Fernandez@sas.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. September 2008 11:14
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Typo in Manual example for replaceregexp task

Hello friends,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but there is a slight typo in one of the examples
of the replaceregexp optional task.  Or at least I could not get the example to work in ant
1.7.0

Specifically the includes element in the fileset seems to cause problems in this example:

<replaceregexp byline="true">
  <regexp pattern="OldProperty=(.*)"/>
  <substitution expression="NewProperty=\1"/>
  <fileset dir=".">
   <includes="*.properties"/>
  </fileset>
 </replaceregexp>

If I amend the include element to look like this:
<include name="*.properties"/>

then it works.

Should I report this someplace more appropriate?

-Alec

1-(success rate of independent events)**(number of independent events)
In other words, a configuration of 32 independent products, each with a 95% success rate,
will fail 80.6% of the time.
Executive Summary:  The only problem is with configuration.