ant-user mailing list archives

From John5342 <john5...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to automate Ant deploy?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:27:19 GMT
Dont think there is a deploy task for it (certainly not that comes with
ant). I assume you mean something like installing it somewhere and then
running? What you can try and do is recreate the installation instructions
using ant. Probably something along the lines of:

<target name="activemq.install">
  <untar src="${activemq.tarball}" dest=${activeqm.install.dir}"
compression="gzip"/>
  <chmod file="${activeqm.install.dir}/bin/activeqm" perm="755"/>
</target>

<target name="activeqm.run" depends="activeqm.install">
  <exec dir="${activeqm.install.dir}"
executable="${activeqm.install.dir}/bin/activeqm"/>
</target>

Thats only a quick throw together though. Dont expect it to work without
some tweaking for your environment and dont forget to set all the
appropriate properties. This is all based on the getting started guide and a
quick look at the ant tasks available. You should look yourself. Most simple
things can be done using existing tasks.