ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using property file to store a list
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:20:34 GMT
Do you really mean a properties file?  e.g.

filestoinclude=foo,bar,baz,blah,whatever,etc

Then you can simply use <fileset dir="wheretolook"
includes="${filestoinclude}" /> after loading the
properties file.

If you actually mean a separate file containing only
the names of the files to include, you'd use an
includesfile with <fileset> (common basedir/relative
paths) or <files> (absolute paths).  Note that these
are one pattern per line, however, and don't support
comments (If you needed to support comments, you could
<concat> and filter the original).  If you really need
a single line containing comma-delimited files, you
could filter that to an includesfile as well.  The
good thing about includesfiles is that you can use
them to specify paths with whitespace; IIRC you can't
do that with <fileset|files>' includes attribute.

HTH,
Matt