ant-user mailing list archives

From Grzegorz SÅ‚owikowski <gslowikow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn-ant how to get latest revision?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:07:29 GMT
Hi

This is fragment from my script:

      <svn username="${user}" password="${pass}">
        <checkout url="${srcurl}/${module}" revision="${revision}"
destPath="${checkout.dir}" recurse="${recurse}" />
      </svn>

Use "HEAD" value for "${revision}" for latest version.
Svn tasks are doing their job fine in my opinion, no need for Maven.

Grzegorz Slowikowski

Fu-Tung Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out which command I can use from svn-ant that will get me the highest
revision from the repository.

> I've tried svn-info but both the rev and lastRev properties return the working copies
revision number.

> I've also tried the wcVersion task but again that just tells you the working copies last
revision.

> In order for me to get the information it appears I need to update my working copy to
the latest and then call one of these targets.  Shouldn't there be a way using svn-ant to
just get the latest version?