ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <alexey.solofne...@symyx.com>
Subject Re: Ant Build Performance under Windows XP versus Vista
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 02:19:31 GMT
Please try disabling any antivirus. Also live search (or Google Desktop)
can affect performance by looking at new files. Try removing any other
junk. I also noticed that sometimes the printing output on a console
significantly slows build (it can be related to video drivers). Try
redirecting the output into a log file. Otherwise the hardware can be
different (for example, 7200 and 5400 RPM drives).

- Alexey.

rat12345 wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a large project (10,000+ Java 5 classes) in over 50 modules.   When
> building the project on an IBM Thinkpad T42 running XP, the build takes ~4
> minutes.   When building the project on a T61 running Vista, the build takes
> over 7 minutes.
>

> Has anyone else seen performance problems under Vista? (Spare me any Windows
> bashing please.)   Or can anyone point me to links for others that seen this
> kind of issue?  (I couldn't find any.)
>

> Rat12345

Alexey N. Solofnenko <http://trelony.cjb.net/>
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)