ant-user mailing list archives

From Jon <camilleri....@gmail.com>
Subject Ant 1.6 installation
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:42:01 GMT
I'm trying to install Apache Ant 1.6 and have updated the following entries
within */etc/profile* to ensure that the installation is complete.

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_18
*ANT_HOME=/usr/local/apache2/apache-ant-1.6.0*
export JAVA_HOME PATH USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC ANT_HOME
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH:*ANT_HOME/bin
*
The problem is that when I run ./ant -version from any other path other than
the command line, the version number is displayed.  Hence any user trying to
use *ant* from any other path would not be able to do so:

*
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_18/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:ANT_HOME/bin:/home/sinfo/bin
[sinfo@triton2 /]$ ./ant -version
-bash: ./ant: No such file or directory
[sinfo@triton2 /]$ cd $ANT_HOME/bin
[sinfo@triton2 bin]$ ./ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.6.0 compiled on December 18 2003
[sinfo@triton2 bin]$*

Rgds,

--
Jon Camilleri

Mobile (MT): 00356 7982 7113
E-mail: camilleri.jon@gmail.com
e-mail.

I usually reply to e-mails within 2 business days. If it's urgent, give me a
call.