ant-user mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject svn-ant how to get latest revision?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:54:43 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to figure out which command I can use from svn-ant that will get me the highest
revision from the repository.

I've tried svn-info but both the rev and lastRev properties return the working copies revision
number.

I've also tried the wcVersion task but again that just tells you the working copies last revision.

In order for me to get the information it appears I need to update my working copy to the
latest and then call one of these targets.  Shouldn't there be a way using svn-ant to just
get the latest version?

Does no one automate tasks using ant and svn?  The svn-ant tasks seem somewhat less mature
than I would have expected.

If I was using maven to do my building would I find better support?

Thank you,

Fu-Tung