ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Force fileset to relative paths?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 00:18:13 GMT
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 2:03 PM, c0uchm0nster <c0uchm0nster@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the cpptasks plugin, or taskdef, or whatever they're called
> (sorry, I'm brand new to ant), and a shell script to call msvc through
> wine, which is working pretty well.

Excellent choice! ;-)

No easy to get started with, but excellent. Watch out that there's
little activity on this project though...

> My (hopefully) last problem now is this: In the fileset to grab all
> the .cpp files it takes all the relative search paths I set and makes
> them absolute paths, so "**/*.cpp" turns into, for example,
> /var/cruisecontrol/checkout/idkfa/src/messaging/eventmanager.cpp .
> What's wrong with that? Well, since this gets passed to cl (the MSVC
> command-line compiler), and since most windows apps (cl included) use
> / for command-line flags instead of - it tries to interpret every
> single file as some command-line parameter instead of a file:

Isn't it CppTasks that calls cl? I've never used the "msvc" compiler
option of <cc> on Linux, but normally it "should do the right thing".
Or are you somehow bypassing <cc>?

> SO, finally, my question: Is there any way to force the fileset
> returned values to be relative paths? Or is there any way I can modify
> what it returns, through a find-replace or some kind of tool?

That's <pathconvert>'s job, but you must turn your fileset into a
property though. Depends what you do with it afterwards. --DD