ant-user mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn-ant how to get latest revision?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:25:02 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

You are correct you can checkout using the "HEAD" tag.  This doesn't fulfill my requirements.

What I am trying to do is to create a build with the latest but also save the version number
of each module in the build so that I could reproduce this build again in the future.  Obviously
saving "head" isn't going to allow me to do this.

This is useful if you create builds for customers and later want to re-create that same build
from source maybe you want to debug against that particular version.  Maybe you just need
to send them a patch for that version instead of giving them a whole new release.  There are
lots of reasons to do this.

So far using the ant targets the only way I've been able to do this is to
- do an update to head on all my modules
- get the working copy version numbers, save those number
- do another full checkout with those version numbers

The full checkout is necessary to avoid local changes being put into my build.  I'd prefer
is my workflow was:

- get the svn latest version for all the modules
- do a full checkout using those versions

Thank you,

Fu-Tung