ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vivek Payala" <vivek_pay...@persistent.co.in>
Subject multiple ${values} not extracting the actual value
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:05:04 GMT
Hello,

I have a build file in which my target is supposed to call a perl file and pass 3 arguments
to it. Here is the target,

        <target name="bamboo-jprobe-memory">

               <exec dir="/home/maven/jprobe-701/script" executable="/usr/bin/perl">

                       <arg line="jprobe.pl ${module} memory ${dist.dir}/${module}${version}-dist.zip"/>

               </exec>

        </target>

In the above argument list, the file which needs to be passed on is ‘GEN-MNPAA${version}-dist.zip’
listed below in the figure,

I have a continuous build environment where this build is setup. The first problem is that
the ${version} number which is defined in a property file is not getting fetched properly.
Even though it creates a file like ‘GEN-MNPAA${version}-dist.zip’, it passes on the file
as ‘GEN-MNPAA-dist.zip’ to the script, and removes the ‘${version}’ string.

cannot stat `/home/​maven/​Bamboo/​xml-data/​build-dir/​GEN-MNPAA/​dist/​GEN-MNPAA-dist.zip':
No such file or directory

Can you please tell me how I pass the file ‘GEN-MNPAA${version}-dist.zip’ as it is without
any name change. I tried placing an extra ‘$’ before ‘${version}’ string, but even
that didn’t work. I will work upon why the ${version} is not actually getting fetched from
the properties file later. Because if I run it normally the everything behaves normally. Its
only in the continuous build environment that the ${version} doesn’t resolve.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Vivek Payala | Team Lead – Configuration Management (Professional & Managed Services
Group) | Persistent Systems

 <mailto:milind_kharkar@persistent.co.in> vivek_payala@persistent.co.in  | Cell: +91
93701 31472 | Tel: +91 (20) 3023 6447

Innovation in software product design, development and delivery-  <http://www.persistentsys.com/>