ant-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Maryns <>
Subject Setting up cpptasks (in Eclipse)
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:00:51 GMT

I found cpptasks through a recent thread and I am trying to use it, but
the installation instructions are very concise for a newbie to Ant.  I’d
like some help here.

What I did:
- downloaded the tarball from Sourceforge
- unpacked it in /usr/local
- invoked ant
- copied cpptasks.jar to /usr/share/ant/lib
- put the following line in my build.xml:
	<taskdef resource="cpptasks.tasks"/>

I executed the clean target from Eclipse and I got:

Buildfile: /home/hendrik/workspace/MonaSearch/build.xml
   [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource cpptasks.tasks. It
could not be found.
    [delete] Deleting directory /home/hendrik/workspace/MonaSearch/bin
Total time: 958 milliseconds

Could it be that Eclipse doesn’t look in /usr/share/ant/lib or do I have
to do a refresh or anything?

Hendrik Maryns
Ask smart questions, get good answers:

View raw message