ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic "depends" for debug/release builds
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2008 03:13:07 GMT
Have your "dist" task first depend upon a "config-test". The only
purpose of the "config-test" task is to look at the value of ${config}
and see if it is set to "debug". If it is, you set a flag called
"is.debug". Then, you can use the "if" and "unless parameters of the
<target> task to see if this is a debug or release.

<!-- Default target: Must test whether this is a debug or release build -->
<!-- by looking at the value of ${config}. Then, either run the
compile-debug -->
<!-- or the compile-release tasks, but not both.  -->
<target name="dist"
    depends="config-test,compile-debug,compile-release>
<blah, blah, blah/>
</target>

<!-- Test to see whether this is a debug or release type of build -->
<target name="config-test">
   <condition property="is.debug">
        <equals arg1="${config}" arg2="debug"/>
   </condition>
</target>

<!-- Run either the compile-debug or compile-release, but not both -->
<target name=compile-debug
    if="is.debug">
    <blah, blah, blah/>
</target>