ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ivar Bratberg" <Ivar.Bratb...@fast.no>
Subject variables or a counter ?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:22:21 GMT
Hi,
I have the following problem I try to solve in ant.
I should check a www server for a certain result each minute.
I should keep on checking until a desired result is given ( the file
downloaded should exceed a certain limit )
In addition it should have a kind of timeout so it it will return if it
has tried too many times.

I I have made a ant macro which calls itself recursively since there is
no <while> task
I have also access to a <if> task so I manage to check if I have got the
wanted result

But as mentioned I would like to have a timeout, by counting up a
parameter which is given to the recursive macro.
Is this possible ?
I have not seen any <add> or <math> task.

Do some of you have better suggestions for solving this ?
Note, I cannot use <waitfor> task, because I have to check not only for
error code on the response, but the text itself( I manage whith checking
the length of the file downloaded >

To summarize my questions:

- Can I add to variables/properties and but the result in a third
property ?
- Is there a better way than recursive macro to achieve the effect of
<while> looping ?

Ivar