ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Showalter" <>
Subject Problem with <classconstants/>
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:10:57 GMT
I am having problems getting this to work as described.  I am using Ant
1.7.1 with bcel-5.2 and java 1.6.  The OS platform is Solaris 10 Unix.  The
bcel classParser throws a ClassFormatException when I run a very simple ant
file.  I put a print statement in the org.apache.bcel.classfile.ClassParser
code and the problem appears to be that the readID method returns a
0x3F3F3F3F instead of the expected 0xCAFEBABE value.  I have verified (using
od -x) that the Foo.class file begins with 0xCAFEBABE.
The files are below.

public class Foo {
   public static final String TESTIT = "hello";

<!-- build.xml  -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="project" default="cool">
     <target name="cool">