ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enforcing "depends" order for 3rd-party targets?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:05:02 GMT
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:48 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> Right, but how would I make this work even for a future theoretical parallel
> executor? It is my understanding that the Ant documentation does not
> guarantee the execution order and relying upon the existing behavior is
> discouraged, which is why I ask.

Nah, most builds would break down if this default behavior was
changed. The default executor will never change in this line of Ant;
The Ant community cares about BC too much. Maybe a future hypothetical
Ant2 would, but I doubt it, as the "velocity" of Ant's development has
slowed down a lot in the past few months. --DD