ant-user mailing list archives

From cowwoc <cow...@bbs.darktech.org>
Subject Initializing Task variables at taskdef time?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:56:19 GMT

Hi,

This seems like such an obvious use-case but from what I read in this forum
there doesn't seem to be a way to do it... is there a way for me to pass
parameters to my custom task at taskdef (initialization time)?

One obvious use-case is grabbing the classpath used in the taskdef during
the task execution time, but this could pretty much apply to any variable I
want to initialize *once* and reuse anytime the task is invoked. Is this
possible in Ant 1.7?

Thank you,
Gili