ant-user mailing list archives

From cowwoc <cow...@bbs.darktech.org>
Subject Dynamic "depends" for debug/release builds
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 04:13:31 GMT

Hi,

I've got Java code that makes use of JNI so my build process is slightly
different depending on whether debug or release is being built. I'd like to
define the following ant target:

<target name="dist" depends="compile.${config}"/>
<target name="compile.debug"/>
<target name="compile.release/>

where config = debug or release. When I tried this Ant complained
"compile.${config}" does not exist in this config. If I use <antcall> the
target gets invoked just fine but then any properties declared by the target
get lost when the call returns.

Can someone please suggest a clean/simple way to do this?

Thank you,
Gili