ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lars Ræder Clausen" <...@amplex.dk>
Subject Checking existence of a set of files
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:23:16 GMT
I use Ant to compile a Java module that depends on a number of jar
files that cannot be built from within the same build file.  I have
them all listed in a class path, but I'd like to have a precondition
that fails if any of the jars listed do not exists -- makes the error
much easier to understand. After perusing the Ant manual, I haven't
seen anything that can do this.  The Available task only checks one
file at a time, so I'd have to list all the files again. If it truly
doesn't exist, I guess I'll have to build it myself, but it seems too
basic to not exist. What obvious task/combination of conditions am I
missing?

Thanks,
-Lars