ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hooks/post-commit not being called when commiting with Ant.
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:47:11 GMT
Commits are done via the Server, so the post-commit script gets called
no matter what client you're using. That is, if you're not using the
file:// URL for Subversion:

Incorrect:

svn cp file://project/trunk file://project/tags/REL-1.0

Correct:

svn cp http://server/repos/project/trunk
http://server/repos/project/tags/REL-1.0
svn cp svn://project/trunk svn://project/tags/REL-1.0

I would recommend that you use "print" statements throughout your hook
to print to STDERR, and then purposely fail the hook to see if you can
see the output. That will help you determine whether or not the hook
is actually firing.

Copy your repository, and startup another server instance, and use
that as a test bed. I have a special "xdev" repository defined in
Apache for this type of experimenting.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com