ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <>
Subject Subversion Ant Tasks
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:23:33 GMT
I'm having some difficulties with Subversion's Ant tasks.

I am on SUSE 9.0 which has the latest Subversion release of 1.3.
However, I am building with Hudson that is using svnkit which is using
a release 1.4.6 revision. The problem is I build with Hudson, it
creates a 1.4.6 compatible workspace, then I attempt to do something
in my Ant file, and I get the message that my Subverison client is too

I went to subclipse and got the svnant task. This includes a
svnant.jar and a svnClientAdapter.jar. Apparently, the svnjavahl.jar I
am using is a 1.3 client version. According to the documentation,
svnClientAdapter.jar can use the svnjavahl, the svnkit, or the command

I've removed the "svn" command from my path, and setup the following build.xml:

<project name="test" default="test" basedir=".">

    <!-- Subversion Setup -->
    <path id="svn.task.path">
        <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib-svn/svnant.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib-svn/svnClientAdapter.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib-svn/svnkit-javahl.jar"/>

    <taskdef resource="" classpathref="svn.task.path"/>

    <property file="${user.home}/.subversion/"/> <!--
User Name & Pword -->

    <target name="test">

I get the following errors:

Buildfile: build.xml

/solbright/tools/build/build.xml:18: Cannot use javahl nor command
line svn client

I have tried modifying the file to use svnjavahl.jar, but get the same
error. It only works if I put the svn command back into the PATH, so
it can execute via the svn command line. Unfortunately, that's 1.3,
and I need a 1.4.6 compatible client.

Has anyone else used the Subversion tasks in Ant? Any help in configuring them?

David Weintraub

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message