ant-user mailing list archives

From ray.har...@wachovia.com
Subject Re: how to call a file in build.xml
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:06:18 GMT
Kamran,

You can still run the exec task in a UNIX environment.  The command to use
would be sh, ksh, or bash:

Example:

for windows:
          <exec executable="cmd" failonerror="true"
outputproperty="build.xml.version.line">
                <arg line='/c "cvs status
${quote}${app.lar.source.clientpath}/${prop.cust.xml.basename}.xml${quote}
| findstr Working | findstr revision"'/>
          </exec>

for UNIX:
           <exec executable="sh" failonerror="true"
outputproperty="build.xml.version.line">
                  <arg line="-c ${quote}cvs -d${common.setup.cvsRoot}
status ${app.lar.source.clientpath}/${prop.cust.xml.basename}.xml | grep
'Working'${quote}"/>
           </exec>

You can also use <arg value="some single argument">.  I like to use the
<arg line="some line of arguments"> ...

I hope this helps ...

Ray Harper, Jr.
Software Engineer II
Wachovia Corporation
1525 West WT Harris Blvd. Charlotte, NC, 28270
Tel: 704-427-1717 ? Fax: 704-427-3234 ? Mailcode: NC1077

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information accompanying this email transmission may contain
confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or reliance upon the contents of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately.

"Kamran Hameed" <kamranhamid37@gmail.com>
07/29/2008 05:19 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: how to call a file in build.xml

But exec is not supported on Linux. if we are in Windows.. and we want to
call a batch file then we can use exec but under UNIX it is assumed that
we
can run scripts in shell

So how do i call the makefile in my build.xml file??

any idea