ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kamran Hameed" <kamranhami...@gmail.com>
Subject facing the problem in package
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:34:58 GMT
folks .. this is my package structure. I have a root src folder. In src i
have a mpjdev package which contains some files. This mpjdev also contains a
folder nativ, which contains its files. Now i have several files in nativ
such as Comm.java, Group.java, Status.java etc

 Note that every class in package mpjdev.nativ has the following same
package statement at the top

package mpjdev.nativ

In Comm.java, i am trying to call Group.java 's object. (Both classes are in
same package) When i try to  compile it i get the error

[javac] found   : mpjdev.Request
    [javac] required: mpjdev.nativ.Request
    [javac]         req[i] = device.isend(wBuffer, ids[i],
(calContextTag+i), context);
.
.
.
.
.

Since i am new to ant, i used javac Comm.java to see it it compiles, it gave
the follwiung output

omm.java:57: cannot find symbol
  symbol  : class Group
  location: package mpjdev.nativ
    public Group group = null;
                     ^
  Comm.java:58: cannot find symbol
 symbol  : class Group
  location: package mpjdev.nativ
    public Group localgroup = null;
                      ^
 Comm.java:69: cannot find symbol
 symbol  : class Group
 location: package mpjdev.nativ
   Comm(xdev.Device device, Group group) throws MPJDevException     {

I have correctly added the package in the classes, i dont know why its not
compiling

ONE more thing i notice is that there is a class Status.java in the same
package but this class doesnt contain an object of any other class of same
package and it compiles well without error. but when ever i try to call
classes that are in the same package, it gives error....

Can any one help

--
Kamran Hameed

http://hpc.niit.edu.pk/~kamran